- is presented in collaboration with NGTS Training Centre and the qualification is assessed against National Unit Standards, listed under the auspices of MERSETA, with QCTO.
- teaches the learner to perform maintenance and troubleshooting functions on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s). It expands the concepts learned in the Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers , Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) – Intermediate and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) – Advanced courses.
- has a theoretical and practical component (Live panel programming and troubleshooting on the S7-200 and S7-300 CPU’s). This means that the learner will receive a lecture conducted by an expert facilitator after which the learning experience is enhanced by a practical session where the learner has the opportunity to practice maintenance and troubleshooting techniques that was covered during the theoretical lecture.
A facilitator is always at hand to continuously address any questions and to assist the learner where necessary.
The learner will be trained on how to program and troubleshoot the live circuits whereby the live pressure, level and temperature transmitters will be used in the analog circuit programming as well as Plant Motors.
The following Topics are covered by the course:
- Hardware Configuration is important before any programming takes place.
Advanced Programming and troubleshooting exercise
- S7-200 and S7-300.
- S71200 on prior arrangements.
The learner will be provided with:
- A well designed learner guide.
- Equipment and material, at our training centre, required to perform all the tasks during the course (Panels and Programming devices such as Laptops and Desk tops)
- Assessments will be performed throughout the course.
- After completion of the course the learner will receive a certificate of competency.
There are two options available to the learner. The course can either be done as a full-time course or a part-time course. The times below are applicable.
5 days, Monday to Thursday (9:00 – 15:00)
2 Weekends, Saturday (7:30 – 1500) and Sunday (7:30 – 15:00)
R6900 per candidate
The following courses are an entry requirement for this course:
- Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) – Intermediate.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) – Advanced