S7-1200 TIA Portal CPU on prior Bookings arrangements
- is presented in collaboration with NGTS Training Centre and the qualification is assessed against National Unit Standards, listed under the auspices of MERSETA, with QCTO.
- expands the concepts learned in the Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) – Intermediate course. It expands on the concepts studied before and deals with advanced features such as described below.
- has a theoretical and practical component (control panel with analogue processing simulation using the Siemens S7-300 CPU). This means that the learner will receive a lecture conducted by an expert facilitator after which the learning experience is enhanced by a practical session where the learner has the opportunity to practice installing, wiring and programming the advanced features of the S7 300 PLC that was covered during the theoretical lecture.
A facilitator is always at hand to continuously address any questions and to assist the learner where necessary.
The following topics are covered by the course:
- Hardware Configuration is important before any programming takes place.
Advanced Programming exercise:
- Statement List Programming.
- Accumulator Functions.
- Distributed inputs and outputs and Parameter Assignment.
- Block calls and multiple instances.
- Indirect addressing.
- Instruction with REAL numbers.
- Analogs Processing.
The learner will be provided with:
- A well designed learner guide.
- Equipment and material, at our training centre, required to perform all the tasks during the course (Panels and Programming devices such as Laptops and Desk tops)
- Assessments will be performed throughout the course.
- After completion of the course the learner will receive a certificate of competency.
There are two options available to the learner. The course can either be done as a full-time course or a part-time course. The times below are applicable.
3 Days, Monday to Wednesday (9:00 – 15:00)
2 Weekends, Saturday and Sunday (9:00 – 14:00)
- The Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)-Intermediate course is an entry requirement for this course.