- is presented in collaboration with NGTS Training Centre and the qualification is assessed against National Unit Standards, listed under the auspices of MERSETA, with QCTO.
- covers the field of Human Machine Interfacing (HMI), communicating with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- expands the concepts learned in the Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) – Intermediate course. It expands on the concepts studied before and deals with advanced features such as described below.
- has a theoretical and practical component (Siemens HMI Panels communicating with S7-300 and S7-1200 TIA Portal CPU). This means that the learner will receive a lecture conducted by an expert facilitator after which the learning experience is enhanced by a practical session where the learner has the opportunity to practice installing, wiring and programming the advanced features of the Siemens HMI Panels communicating with S7-300 and S7-1200 TIA Portal CPU that was covered during the theoretical lecture.
A facilitator is always at hand to continuously address any questions and to assist the learner where necessary.
- Hardware Configuration is important before any programming takes place.
Touch Panel Programming exercise
- Tags programming (Plant stop and starts, analogs-Set points(SP) Process Variables(PV) Output Variables(MV).
- Level, Pressure and Temperature Transmitter’s Values displaying.
The learner will be provided with:
- A well designed learner guide.
- Equipment and material, at our training centre, required to perform all the tasks during the course (Panels and Programming devices such as Laptops and Desk tops).
- Assessments will be performed throughout the course.
- After completion of the course the learner will receive a certificate of competency.
There are two options available to the learner. The course can either be done as a full-time course or a part-time course. The times below are applicable.
3 days, Monday to Thursday (9:00 – 15:00)
2 Weekends, Saturday (9:00 – 14:00) and Sunday (9:00 – 13:00)
R5900 per candidate
Course entry requirements:
The following courses are an entry requirement for this course: