Electro-technology N3: Course description
The Electro-technology N3 course covers the syllabi as prescribed by Department of Higher Education and Training. It is one of the subjects that are required when registering as an Installation Electrician (Wireman’s License) at Department of Labour. The syllabi of the N1 and N2 Electro-technology will be revised at the start of the course.
Electro-technology N3 course topics are:
- DC Machines (Generators, Motors and Efficiency)
- AC Theory (RLC Circuits etc)
- Measuring Instruments
The learner will be provided with:
- Renkalec Training Centre will enroll the learner at a FET college for the examination of this subject. Department of Higher Education and Training (DoHET, Umalusi) will issue a certificate once the learner has passed the examination.
- All books, additional study material and some past exam papers will be provided.
- Individual mid-term assignments will be marked and results submitted to the department for year marks.
- Pre-exam revision is also provided for final preparation for the examination.
There are two options available to the learner. The course can either be done as a part-time course or through Correspondence. The times below are applicable.
Part Time: (Evening Classes)
8 Weeks, 1 Evening per week (18:00 – 21:00)
The N3 Subjects can be done through correspondence.
- Part time classes: R2300 per candidate
- Correspondence:R1700 per candidate